Should I Go For Flash or Infrared?
There are two types of flashes available in trail cams- LEDs also known as incandescent flash and Infrared better known as invisible flash. Choosing right type of flash is an extremely important criterion as it can either hamper or facilitate the game.
- Incandescent flash has bright white light, which makes the pictures taken in shadows and dark quite clear and refined. The quality and contrast of the pictures is impressive. Even the night shots come in colours; though not as great as the day shots, they are pretty descent.
- The disadvantage of this huntng trial camera is clearly that it can spook your game in the night. A bright white intense flash may also blind you for a few seconds. It can also attract other hunters in the area.
- If you use the camera for security purposes then it will alert the intruders. The bright Flash is also a nuisance for others in the neighbourhood.
- On the other hand, the Infrared flash creates an invisible zone and does not draw any attention. The only visibility that the flash may have is a red dot on the camera, which is quite unnoticeable.
- Some newer models have hidden this red light as well making the camera completely hidden.
- For covert night games, infrared is the most suitable option. Some brands have come up with interchangeable flashlights. You may go for these models as they give you an option of changing to Infrared invisible or incandescent white flash as per your needs.