Trouble Shooting of Scouting Camera AcornGuard AG-680 Series
1.Photos Do Not Capture Subject of Interest
1. Check the “Sensor Level” (PIR sensitivity) parameter setting. For warm environmental conditions, set the Sensor Level to “High” and for cold weather use set the sensor for “Low”.
2. Try to set your scouting camera AcornGuard AG-680 series up in an area where no heat resources are in the scouting camera’s field of view.
3. In some cases, set the scouting camera AcornGuard AG-680 series near water will make the camera take images with no subject in them. Try to aim the camera over ground.
4. Try to set scouting camera AcornGuard AG-680 series on stable and immovable objects, i.e.: large trees.
5. At night, motion detector may detect beyond range of the IR illumination. Reduce distance setting by adjusting sensor sensitivity.
7. Rising sun or sunset can trigger sensor. scouting camera AcornGuard AG-680 series must be reoriented.
8. If person/animal moves quickly, it may move out of the camera’s field of view before photo is taken. Move scouting camera AcornGuard AG-680 series further back or redirect camera.
2.Camera stops taking images or won’t take images
1. Please make sure that the SD card is not full. If the card is full, scouting camera AcornGuard AG-680 series will stop taking images. Or user can turn on Cycle Recording to avoid such problem.
2. Check batteries to make sure that alkaline or lithium AA batteries left power is enough for scouting camera AcornGuard AG-680 series to work.
3. Make sure that the scouting camera AcornGuard AG-680 series power switch is in the “On” position and not in the “Off” or “Test” modes.
4. When GPRS function is on, there will be around 1 minute interval for camera to send out photo before camera shooting the next photo. Turn off the GPRS, camera can shoot photos continuously.
5. Please format the SD card with camera before using or when camera stops taking images.
3. GPRS version camera AG-680M stops sending photos to email or mobiles.
1. Check if the SIM card is out of charge.
2. Check if SIM card in using can work with mobile phone.
3. Check if the signal is too weak or there is no signal covered.
4. Make sure the GPRS setting is right (check the manual)